| I love the wonder in Tate's eyes. |
Today I am grateful I can do the simple things. I am grateful I can see, hear, smell, taste, touch, think, read, sweat. I'm serious about sweating. We knew a woman who couldn't really sweat and her body would get overheated, so I am grateful my body can stay cool by sweating, even if I sweat more than the average man. But really, I was walking through our apartment today and I realized how grateful I am that I can easily maneuver around and make Tate's bottle and get dressed and do all the simple things I think everyone can do. I remember when I tore my ACL I couldn't get out of bed for a week. My mom had to help me get up and go to the bathroom. And I remember once I was able to move around with crutches, I was at my friend's house going up their stairs and I needed someone to hold onto my shirt so I wouldn't fall because I was so weak. I got into the car with my mom and started crying because I couldn't even go up stairs or lift my foot off the ground. That was a temporary thing, so I can't imagine having those challenges every day. I saw a woman at the dollar store a few days ago in a wheel chair. Her right leg and right arm were small, so she couldn't walk and she could only use her left hand. It was hard for her to move around and grab things off the shelves, and I was moving around no problem. I am so blessed. It's great to be alive. And it's great to have a body. And I'm grateful that at this point in my life, my body can do the little things, which are actually BIG things.
0 comments:
Post a Comment