Tate's been doing this funny thing with his eyes lately. He closes them slowly and it is so funny. He kind of does it in this video.
(I can't remember if I posted this already...oh well!)
| Tate doing his new eye trick aka closing them and looking so cute! |
Lately I've started listening to music more. I love it! Usually I play happy, peppy, the-world-is-great-type music when Tate is having a rough day and it helps so much. There are so many amazing people with amazing talent! Here's my music confession I suppose... I love Beyonce. I don't love all her songs, but I think she is so so good at singing. If I ever need a girl power moment, I turn on some Beyonce. I also have been listening to covers of songs, and I love those a lot, because it's more normal people with not-so-normal abilities. So I love music and I'm grateful for it. I'm also trying to be better at making sure my music is uplifting and has a good message and makes me feel happy and good- good as in a good person. And Tate and I listen to Mozart a lot too, because I love it and I think it makes him smarter haha. It's a win-win.
Monday Tate and I spent all day doing laundry, and then of course yesterday Tate spit up on almost everything I cleaned haha. I washed the sheets, spit up on. I cleaned all my pants, spit up on. I cleaned his clothes, spit up on and pooped on. Cleaned his pajamas, peed out of four pjs. At the end of the day I just had to laugh. I take responsibility for the spit up on the sheets, because I was bouncing him after he ate and he spit up a ton. So that's my bad.
Tate is doing a little better each day putting food in his mouth and not gagging. I am trying to give him time in his high chair with finger foods on the tray. He likes rice checks and they are good because they dissolve pretty easily. Sometimes he'll feed me something and it is so cute and he thinks it is so funny. He loves chewing on carrots, but it has to be the big carrots, not baby ones. He'll hold it and gnaw on it and then give it to me to have a bite and then take it back and gnaw on it some more.
Tate is doing really well sleeping. He pretty much goes through the night, he goes to sleep at 7 and wakes up around 10 or 11 to eat and then sleeps to 7 again. I remember thinking this would never happen, and it has! And he naps pretty well. So he's a champ.
He has taken a step or two, but I am not sure if they count as steps. They are really small and he doesn't stay standing very long afterwards. But he loves walking while holding our fingers. He gets so chatty when he does it. He loves going outside. If I open the door he gets so excited. And sometimes when I close it, he cries. I love that he loves the outdoors, because I do too! I can't believe how big he is!
I was talking to Sharon and she mentioned the picture of me with a pregnancy test I posted and she and Rachel thought for just a split second that I was pregnant, until they saw the caption. I didn't even think of that when I posted it! haha So just to clear up any confusion, I'm not pregnant.
0 comments:
Post a Comment