| This was the sky on Saturday night. It was awesome. |
That's right. It is finally starting to cool off. We haven't used our fan for 2 days, which is the longest we've gone without it since we got it. It has served us well. I can feel Fall coming. I love Fall. It is probably my favorite season. And I love Provo in the Fall (well I love Provo every season, but especially in Fall). I love the leaves on the trees, the cool weather, the excitement that comes with a new school year and football games. It's the best.
The other day I went jogging with Tate...yes jogging with him in the stroller! It's so nice to have it back. It started to drizzle a little and I used an awesome feature I haven't needed up to this point. A clear tarp that fits to the stroller. It was great! Tate looked so funny. Like he was in a clear egg thing. And he was completely dry and cozy and warm (well I don't know if he was cozy, but he was dry and warm). He was wearing some hipster jeans and a hoodie. The pictures don't do the jeans justice.
I am listening to this book called Iron War while I run. I listen to a podcast called Another Mother Runner (or something like that). It's just two ladies who talk about running and related topics. One episode they talk about their favorite books and this was one of them. Because I listen, I was able to get a free audible download from audilbe.com. So that's where I got Iron War. I really like it. It is about Iron Man runners Mark Allen and Dave Scott and their race at the world championships in 1989. It has made me seriously consider doing a triathlon. I will probably never do an ironman, but a triathlon sounds exciting. We'll see how that goes.
Josh and I revamped our budget last night for FHE. It got me really excited to save money! I like having it because I feel accountable and we are saving for things to keep us motivated (like a trip to San Diego next summer with the Fab Four).
Tate is crawling all over the place these days. He has now broken the crawling barrier and can go from room to room, and from one surface to another. It's a big deal. He can also sit! Yesterday I was facetiming with my mom and she asked if he could sit. I was telling her he can but he needs to support himself with his hand, and I looked over and he was sitting with out supporting himself! It was great. He is so adventurous and curious about everything. His favorite things right now are his little piano, the door stopper (he likes to flick it), my sandals/jogging shoes and Josh's shoelaces, and his brush. He loves the bathtub and can make some pretty good splashes. I always get a little wet.
Feeding him is always an adventure. He loves pears, apples, and sometimes his rice cereal. Last night we gave him some avocado. He didn't really like it. By the end he would cry if we brought anything close to his mouth. But then a few minutes later he was able to eat some things he likes. Josh is way more adventurous than me, I am always afraid he is choking. But he is only gagging because of the taste.
Tate is so funny. He makes me laugh. He can get so hyper sometimes and all he wants to do is play and play and play! Sometimes Tate will do something and Josh and I will laugh and laugh because he is so funny. Our monitor is video and so sometimes we watch Tate put himself to sleep. He is starting to notice the monitor and the lights and he tries to grab it.
I rearranged some things in on our apartment. Very minor adjustments, but I think it has made a difference. Doing that has gotten me in decorating and change mode. I want to paint our room and get more pictures up and just make our apartment look and feel nicer. So we'll see how all of this goes.
Our neighbors Phil and Laurel are moving. I am so sad. They have been the best neighbors we could have ever asked for. They have been so gracious and kind with all of Tate's crying. They are seriously the nicest people. Laurel is by far one of the nicest people I know. She is always so nice and makes everyone feel like a VIP. I am really going to miss having them next door.
Last night I was feeding Tate and he was not having a good time. He was crying and didn't want to eat (I tried to give him carrots and that made him really upset). Sharon was downstairs looking at Nathan and Sarah's new paint. She came up and Tate looked at her and smiled and cried at the same time. It was like he was saying, "you can help me!" It was so funny and kinda sad. So Tate was saved for the time being. It was great because once everyone left and we started eating again he did great.
This morning I gave Tate some banana in one of those mesh things attached to a ring. You put the banana in a mesh container and it attaches to a ring. Tate really liked it. He actually ate it. I tried avocado again and he did all right, but by the end he would cry if it touched his mouth like last time. He was a mess! So he had a mini shower under the bathtub faucet.
One of Tate's favorite games is called "Let's Scare Tate." I hide and then pop out and scare him. He loves it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment