Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 10:14 AM No comments

Yesterday was a day I thought I would never have.  Tate slept wonderfully and ate beautifully all day. He slept 2 hours his first nap and 1.5 hours his second.  He ate well and was happy all day.  We found out he loves pears.  Josh loves pears too, so it makes sense.  He ate a whole container at lunch!  He loves it!  So yesterday was wonderful!  He got really tired at night and I still need to figure out when to feed him so that he will get all he needs, but it was a step in the right direction.

Monday we did something I have wanted to do for a long time.  We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and bought a mop!  These are the things that get me excited these days...Tate's eating and sleeping and cleaning supplies.  We ended up buying a few other things because we were using gift cards (from our wedding!) and we had a coupon.  We bought a bigger (and of course better) colander and a food chopper.  I really don't like cutting up vegetables.  I can't stand it and it prevents me from trying out a lot of recipes.  Now I have a food chopper and we are going to eat like royalty.  Anyway, we had fun at BB&B...maybe a little too much fun.  We started taking pictures.  At one point there was a lady behind us and I'm sure she was confused, annoyed, and concerned all at the same time.  But we were having fun.  I haven't tried out the mop yet, but I am excited to give it a spin.

I did a training session at Doug's practice and I realized I miss coaching.  I don't miss everything about coaching (like hate emails, parents yelling at me, and tons of pressure), but I do miss being out with my team and running a practice.  But I guess I don't miss it that much, or else I would've kept doing it.

Tate is getting more and more mobile.  He is pretty good at crawling (I think) and he is grabbing everything.  He has a weird obsession with my jogging shoes, the grossest things on this planet.  It doesn't matter what toy is in front of him, if he sees my shoes he goes for them.  He also likes my sandals, which are almost equally disgusting.  And he likes the wheels on the stroller, which are also pretty gross.  So, Tate pretty much loves gross stuff.

Here are pictures from our adventures at Bed, Bath, and Beyond...






Here's Tate's face up close.  Josh and I agree this is what Tate would look like if he was a cat.




Tate was confused by the massage chair

0 comments:

Post a Comment