Last week I popped a rib out of place. I've done it before when I played at BYU. We were doing push ups during practice and my rib popped out of place (kind of pathetic I know). It was pretty painful. And for a day or two everything I did hurt. The trainers tried to pop it back into place, but it didn't work. Finally, I was in a religion class and I sneezed and the force of my sneeze popped it back into place. I wanted to shout hallelujah...which considering my location could've been somewhat appropriate. But this time, my sneezes have not relieved me of my pain. I went to BYU to have my old trainer look at it, she said that's what it was and then she readjusted my hips and popped my back and my rib back into place. That hurt a lot! And it felt better for a little, but now a muscle on my other side really hurts and it's hard to hold Tate. And it doesn't help that he is getting bigger and bigger every day. So I might go back to Carolyn and have her work her magic. Or I might just keep complaining about it to Josh.
I find that I repeat the same stories over and over again to people when I talk about Tate. So if I've already written about this, oh well! Tate is starting to become semi-mobile. Today we were at Doug and Sharon's house. I would put him down and a minute later, he would have his head stuck underneath one of their chairs, or he would be slowly making his way to the hamster's cage (don't worry Kenzie, the hamster is okay). He does this thing where he gets his legs moving, but he doesn't quite know how to move his arms. So as he gets his legs moving, his head slowly gets smashed into the ground and his bum gets higher into the air. Surprisingly, his technique is (somewhat) effective.
Here's a mix of pictures of Tate over the past few days...
(Tate started to fall over right when I took the picture)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOne of my professors manipulated my rib too! It felt so good when she did it, but it's been hurting since then. I can tell you the exercises she told me to do if you want.
ReplyDelete