Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 8:20 PM No comments
At the beach in Seattle.  Tate put his feet in the ocean for the first time!  As you can see, he's very proud.
It's been a while since I last posted anything.  I have been holding off writing about the rest of our trip in Seattle until I get the pictures from Megan.  All I can say is that it was so fun and we miss being with our friends!  We were sad to leave, but I think it was the perfect amount of time for Tate.  The day after we got home he crashed and caught up on lost sleep.  I think he missed everyone too.  Our friends are so great.  They wanted to hold him all day and they played with him nonstop.  So, once again, it was boring for him with just me around during the day.

Sad news.  Yesterday, I went to the shed to get my jogging stroller and it was gone.  The thief also took  Stacy's bag of BYU balls.  What I don't understand is that there are three nice bikes and a TV in there, and they decided to take the stroller and balls.  I am pretty bummed.  The jogging stroller was so liberating.  I filed a report to the police and I felt pretty official.  He asked me for all the details and he told me he would come later in the day to look for clues.  I'm interested to know what he found as clues.  I guess this means Josh and I will have to start saving for a new one.  Here's a picture in honor of the stroller, Tate's first ride...

Today we celebrated Pioneer Day!  First we slept in until 7:20.  Tate appreciated the few extra winks.


He eventually perked up and enjoyed playing with Josh and I in our bed.  Josh tied a blanket around his neck to make it into a cape.


Tate and I went to the park while Josh worked on some things in the morning.  I was planning on reading my scriptures there, but when we got there the park was full of people and booths and wild animals.  Well, there was a small petting zoo.  So instead of reading, Tate and I walked around and looked at everything.  Later in the day we went back to the park.  The pioneer party was gone.  We laid out a blanket for Tate and juggled a soccer ball back and forth.  Tate was amazed with Josh's juggling skills...He watched him for a long time.

Then we went to the old pioneer town they have set up in the park.  Josh liked the blacksmith's shop.  Tate and Josh were really feeling the pioneer spirit.




I joined in and we caught a few smiles from Tate before we left.

This is a business card left in the blacksmith store.  Josh's friend Ryan always wanted to be a blacksmith, until he heard they didn't exist anymore.  Turns out Shane Hall is keeping the art alive!  Good news for Ryan, he probably needs an apprentice.

And this is a picture out of a magazine Josh found when we were in Seattle.  He thought it was so funny, he took a picture.  I thought I'd share it with the world.


This is a video from the park with the water fountain in Seattle.  Tate was so funny.  He had just woken up and was really, really confused.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment