Josh and I celebrated the Fourth of July alone for the first time. It was a great day! We started off by going to see the hot air balloons take off from this big field across the street from Provo High. We went a few summers ago with Josh's dad and little sisters. I was excited to see how Tate would react to the balloons. When we got there...no balloons. I think we were a little late or something cause they were all gone. But usually they are in the sky. Not today. So we walked home, but it was still fun to see everyone in their red, white, and blue going to the parade. Tate was wearing a semi-festive outfit. It had blue and white stripes and a big monkey on the front--totally fourth of July appropriate.
Here's a video of us walking to see the balloons. Please ignore my annoying baby voice...
After our trip to the balloons we walked to University Ave to see the people waiting to watch the parade. We heard someone sing the national anthem, a boy scout tried to sell me something, and we were back home within 10 minutes. Tate went down for a nap and I went on a nice, long jog. It was a beautiful day. It wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze. This has nothing to do with July 4th, but I love this so much that I want to tell everyone I know about it. I listen to this podcast from the Mormon Channel called Conversations, where Sheri Dew (or sometimes a different lady) interviews General Authorities or other members of the Church. It's awesome. I usually listen to it when I run. So yesterday I listened to Sheri Dew's interview (this might be my third time listening to it). It was fantastic. So if you're looking for something to listen to that's uplifting and awesome, try Conversations on the Mormon Channel.
Anyway, when Tate woke up we went to the park and had lunch. It was beautiful. There were so many people eating, playing volleyball, talking, playing on the playground. I thought to myself that if the park looked like this more often, the world would be a better place. It was great to have Josh join Tate and me at the park. Tate was being really funny. He was talking really loud and was laughing a lot. Unfortunately, I forgot my phone, so I wasn't able to snap my usual park pictures.
Josh, Tate, and I spent the rest of the day at Josh's parents' house (no one is home, they're in Europe). I told Josh we have to read Harry Potter 4-7 together, since he hasn't read them. So we started #4. We went on a walk and then Tate went to bed. Josh grilled steaks and we had some fruit and pasta salad and steaks for dinner. We watched whatever we could see from the Stadium of Fire on the front porch (which wasn't much). Really we were just waiting to see the jets fly by...but they never did. We did get to see three guys jump out of a helicopter and jet-parachute themselves down to the Lavell Edwards Stadium. When it was time for the fireworks, we went to Josh's little sister's room and watched from there. I fell asleep and missed the finale (of course), but Josh said it was awesome.
Here's a video of Josh making Tate cry. Again, ignore me...
There's always a lot of traffic from the Stadium of Fire and from people trying to get home from watching the fire works. So Josh and I fell asleep in the living room while we waited for everyone to go home. Around 12:30 Josh woke me up and we went home. It was definitely a different July 4th than what I've experienced before, but I loved it. I got to spend the whole day with Josh, which is always the best. And Tate got to celebrate America for the first time.
As Josh left for work this morning he called and told me hot air balloons were in the sky, so Tate and I went on the front lawn to look. They were kind of far away. I tried to point them out to Tate, but he just looked at the grass the whole time. Oh well, I bet the grass was just as cool.
0 comments:
Post a Comment