Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 10:48 AM No comments
This is Tate's chair he sits in...he always plays with Tiger
Tate is such a happy baby all of a sudden.  He is talking a ton, blowing bubbles, and laughing like crazy.  We can make a silly face and him and he will laugh.  When I was pregnant, Tate would kick nonstop.  Josh and I were a little worried that our baby was going to be out of control with way too much energy.  Yesterday, we saw the wild and crazy, full-of-energy baby we had imagined.  I think Josh is partly responsible, because he is so crazy with Tate and Tate loves it.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping.  It is always a little complicated with Tate, because he isn't big enough to sit in the seat in the cart, and his car seat takes up a ton of space.  So I decided I was going to carry him.  Well, before I went shopping I did a bodyweight circuit with lots of push up and things like that.  So after a few minutes of holding Tate, my arms were dead...and we hadn't even made it to the store yet (I walked there ).  It was pretty hard.  Getting the produce into those little baggies that are not easy to open up with one hand (let alone two), squatting down to get something, and maneuvering the cart were all pretty difficult things.  I broke a jar of salsa and it exploded all over my legs (I tasted it and it was pretty good, so I decided to buy a jar).  Ironically, it was the same kind of salsa that we broke the last time we were at Smiths.  I was almost done and then Tate started to get fussy.  He was doing so well, but he had reached his limit.  So I decided I would come back later to finish and we got checked out.  I was walking home, pushing the shopping cart and was seriously doubting if I was going to make it, when a guy from my ward ran up and asked if I needed help.  So he pushed the cart for me.  It was so nice!  And I unloaded all the groceries when I got home and parked the cart by the side of our house.  I had josh return it when he got home from work.

After two nights of waking up way more than normal, Tate was back to his old self last night and only woke up twice last night.  It was funny Sunday night, Tate had already woken up 3 or 4 times and it wasn't even 3am yet.  So Tate woke up and started crying and Josh kind of moaned and said "Tate," and asked me what I thought was wrong.  Well, I never really know what's wrong when he asks me, so I just act like I do.  I said he was probably hungry and Josh said, "this is ridiculous" and then he said "no, this doesn't happen, not in my house."  "Not in my house"?  That's the line the coach always says to pump up his team in sports movies or what someone says before he goes and fights someone.  To Josh's defense, we were both really tired and he didn't say it angrily...we were both just frustrated and confused.  I think Tate was just going through a little growth spurt.  But I think we've reached the end.
  
Here's a video of Tate blowing bubbles


0 comments:

Post a Comment