So what do we do to escape the heat? You guessed it. We go to the park and sit in the shade. Tate loves looking at the leaves, I love not being in our apartment, so it works. Today we went to the park and a little boy was walking by with his family and as he passed he said, "look at the baby" and pointed at Tate. I think he was pointing out Tate's extremely fashionable outfit. His hat is so trendy. Or kind of dorky, in a cute way. I like it cause it shades his face...and makes his eyes pop.
Tate and I were jamming out to phil collins, u2, and coldplay today. When a coldplay song came on, Tate smiled and started to talk. I think it's because he recognizes the song, because when Tate was younger and would cry for hours on end, Josh and I would play coldplay. So it probably reminded him of the not-so-good old days. Okay they really were good days...just not all the time.
Tate loves when Josh comes home. He looks at him and smiles and follows Josh (with his eyes)
everywhere he goes. I think a small reason is because it is finally a new face, but mostly it's because Tate loves Josh. I really understand how the best environment is with a husband and wife. Guys and girls provide different kinds of love and nurturing, and kids need both. I've never really understood that until we had Tate. If it were just me, Tate would grow up wrapped in bubble-wrap and a helmet so that he would never get hurt. If it were Josh, Tate would know how to do a backflip by his first birthday. So we have a pretty good balance at our house.
0 comments:
Post a Comment