Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 12:53 PM No comments
This week has been interesting.  Tate has done such an awesome job (for the most part) sleeping during the night (which means only waking up two or three times) that I have gotten more sleep than I have in a long time.  But, of course, I am so tired when I wake up and end up taking one (or two or three) naps.  Which is why I haven't blogged anything for a few days.  My mental debate is between blogging or napping.  I usually fall asleep as I try to decide.
This week I have started to realize just how big Tate has gotten.  That realization came as I went to pick him up in his car seat...and it felt like Tate had five pound weights attached to his ankles and wrists.  He was so heavy!  I was walking with him in the carrier and my body was tilted at an almost perfect 90 degrees to balance his weight.  Needless to say I need to get back into some type of resistance training.  Let's just say, as a wise sponge once said..."This whole working out thing isn't working out."
Which isn't entirely true.  Jogging with Tate is way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  One of my coaches at BYU gave me her old jogging stroller and it's awesome!  I don't know if Tate really likes it, but he doesn't cry so I guess that's saying something. And it seems like the citizens of Provo appreciate me bringing Tate along.  One time I was jogging with Tate, waiting to cross the street and a random Asian man came up and squeezed and shook Tate foot.  Then he walked away (in true ninja fashion).  Another time Josh and I were jogging with Tate and we passed a couple and as we jogged away the girl called out "You're baby is cute!"  And just the other day I was jogging with him and a grown man gave Tate a little wave and a smile.   I have tried to do resistance workouts.  If you've heard of crossfit, I am trying to do their At-Home workouts.  I have to do them outside on our front porch/lawn, since we have people living below, above, and next to us.  But, being outside is a little awkward.  Cars driving by and people walking in front of our house usually give me some weird stairs.  My next door neighbor Laurel came outside of her apartment one morning while I was doing burpees.  She was kind and looked past my awkward amount of sweat that was dripping from my face and said "Good job with your burpees!"
Tate rolled over from his back to his front this week!  He only does it when we are trying to feed him a bottle and he is trying to stop us.  So it's hard because I get frustrated that he is avoiding being fed, but at the same time it's awesome that he just rolled over!  So I end up just being happy.  In fact, the first time he did it I didn't realize it.  I was trying to feed him and I stopped and actually realized he was on his stomach.
Tate is also laughing a lot more.  We can tickle him and he will laugh.  But it usually only works a few times, and then we have to find a new tickle spot.  Tate loves spitting up on Josh.  I rarely get spit up on and I am with him all day.  And Josh can come home from work and 10 minutes later he gets spit up on.  One day at Church, Josh was holding Tate and he really spit up on him.  It was a ton, all over his pants.  I opened my water bottle and tried to get a rag wet, but spilled a lot of water all over my dress.  So Josh and I both looked like we had had little accidents.  And of course that was the Sunday we got trapped in the middle of our pew with multiple couples on each side blocking us from our escape.  We have learned that we have to have an aisle seat.
Here are some pictures of Tate over the past 4 1/2 months.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

0 comments:

Post a Comment