Tate rolled over twice from his back to his stomach today! But his arm gets stuck underneath him, so he quickly rolls back over. He has been happy today, but has not wanted to go to sleep. I think he is starting to realize he might be missing out on things when he is in his crib. And he has great control with his hands, which makes feeding him with a bottle difficult. Yesterday we let him hold his bottle and he instinctively put it straight to his mouth. Then he realized milk was coming out of it and quickly spit it out. Then he did it again and spit it out and did it again. Then he was holding it above his head and squeezed the top and milk squirted him in the face. We laughed and then comforted him.
Tate loves his baths. He is starting to splash his hands and feet (mostly his feet). I have a bottle that I use to pour water over him. Sometimes he will try to hold it while I am pouring the water. He likes to feel the water pour from the top of his head down his back. It makes him smile.
Today I had my hair in a braid and Tate kept grabbing for it. Well, first he stared at it for a long time, then he started grabbing for it. Eventually I let him get it, bracing myself for a hard tug. But instead, he played with the bottom of the braid in between his fingers. He would grab it, but then let it fall through his hand or fingers. It was so cute.
We've decided to wait a little while before we start the solids again. We tried again today, and Tate didn't understand the concept. So we are going to wait a week or two and then try.
Tate will be 5 months old next week! Which, as Josh says, "that's half a year...well no
it's not, but a year should be 10 months anyway."
0 comments:
Post a Comment