Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 9:57 AM No comments

So I am WAY behind on my posts.  Luckily, I have been writing frequently, but uploading the videos has been a pain, so I haven't actually posted anything in a REALLY long time.
2/7
Haha, this is the first cake I made.  I tried making it in an old formula can, but the center collapsed when I took it out.  The one we used wasn't amazing, but it was definitely better than this.  Josh wanted to document it.
Yesterday -February 6, 2014- Tate turned 1!  Wow, I can't believe it has already been 1 year!  It has gone so fast.  I was really excited about Tate's birthday.  All I really, really wanted was a cute picture to document him turning one.  So, I went to Honk's and bought some decorations and made a photo shoot in my kitchen.  Josh helped with crowd control, aka Tate, and I took some pictures.  I took them with my phone, so they're not awesome, but they satisfied my desire for a cute picture.





We took a ton of pictures, but I still haven't sorted through and edited the good ones.  So those are really just a fraction of the ones we took, which shows how obsessed I am.

We had a great birthday party!  Sarah made awesome waffle batter and the Jacksons helped with everything and let us party at their house.  Tate got some great new toys and clothes and books and bubbles (which I was really excited about, because our other ones lost their bubbliness), which we love and appreciate a lot.  We made a cake for Tate with no real expectation of him eating any of it. Of course, I made it ridiculously huge, because that's just what I do.  I think Tate was a little intimidated.  He got blue frosting everywhere!  We left him in his high chair and eventually at the end he was eating some cake.  Thankfully, Sharon washed the high chair cover soon after the cake and got rid of the stains (I am really sorry Heather!)  All in all, we had a great time.  You only turn 1 once!

And of course, true to myself, I took a ton of videos and took a lot of pictures.






Kristen was making Tate smile so cutely











0 comments:

Post a Comment