Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 9:39 AM No comments
So I realized some of my previous posts/videos were all mixed up... hopefully this is right.
2/4
Today a year ago I went into labor.  So today, at our house is labor day.  Josh and I thought about reenacting the whole experience, but I decided I didn't want to not eat or sleep for almost 2 days.  We did decide we would get frozen yogurt at Costco, because that seemed to be the only thing that would take away my pain a year ago.  Wow, I can't believe it was a year ago.  We had no idea what we were about to experience.  Looking back over this year it is a blur of memories and experiences.

So in preparation for Tate's birthday, I was looking through his pictures.  I just started crying, because I love him so much.  I know, I cry easily, but I can't believe how fast this year has gone by.  I can't imagine my life without him, what did Josh and I do before we had Tate!?  I am so lucky.  We are so so blessed and Tate has helped me love life more than I ever have before.  I am in disbelief that Tate is getting so big and can do so many fun and amazing things.  This morning I asked him where his ears are and he pointed to his ears!  How crazy is that!!

Since I haven't posted in a while, here are some entries from the past few days...

1/27
This morning Tate and I went for a walk.  We walked pretty far and kind of all over, and then when we got home I saw Tate only had one shoe!  I had no idea when it had fallen off.  So we retraced our steps and luckily it wasn't too far away.

We went over to Gwen's (Heather's) house today.  It is so funny to see Tate and Gwen interact.  Tate does this thing where he pats Gwen's head/face with both of his hands, but he doesn't look at her when he does it.  It is so funny.  Tate loves their toys.  They have this puppy that has buttons and it sings and lights up and stuff.  Tate loves that puppy.  When we first got there he went over to their toy area and played with the puppy.  Then when he pulled out all their other toys, he was so excited.  He was analyzing each toy.

He is just so fun.  We laugh a lot together.  That is fun, when we both laugh at something or if I make a funny face and he laughs.  Or when he purposefully tries to make me laugh.  I love it.

I think I am going to start having Tate just drink normal milk from a sippy cup.  I guess you can start around 12 months, and Tate doesn't love his bottle anyway, so I figure we can start getting him on an all-solid diet.  I used to say that would be so nice, but now that I am trying to get Tate to eat real food, I am not so sure.  Tate is kind of picky.  Well, he just doesn't like putting foreign things in his mouth.  But once I get them in, he usually likes things.  It is a little intimidating, dropping the bottle/formula, because with formula I knew Tate was getting everything he needed.  Now I will have to provide a balanced, healthy diet for him.  I don't even know how to give myself a balanced, healthy diet!


1/30

Yesterday it snowed and Tate and I went and played.  Tate was so funny.  He had me laughing a lot.  He loves to eat the snow!  He would put his hand on the snow and then lick it, over and over and over again.  Then he found a rock and started licking that too.  I love that he can walk.  It makes it so much easier to do more things together.

Today we went outside and explored around the block.  Tate ate a leaf.  And he licked a rock again.  I figure he is probably getting some good germs in him.  That reminds me, the other day I was on the phone with my mom and when I got off the phone I went to find Tate and he was in the kitchen.  There were paper towels everywhere and he was eating them.  He is so funny.  If I fed him nonfood things, like paper towels and rocks and leaves, he would be the happiest boy.  He is doing a better job eating though.  He is best in the morning, because he is hungriest then.  We started giving him real milk.  I'm not sure if he likes it or not.

This afternoon, I put Tate down for his nap and listened to music while I cleaned.  It was so fun!  I'm not a huge music junkie, but music can lift my spirits almost quicker than anything else.  I love "On Top of the World," by Imagine Dragons.  I think it's a great song.  I danced around my apartment and it was so fun.  I'm pretty good at entertaining myself.  I think that is one of the things I miss the most since we had Tate...dance parties.  Josh and I would go to dance parties kind of a lot, but now we aren't invited (which I can understand) and it would seem weird to go.  Who knows, maybe I'll ask Josh to take me to one sometime.  But at least I can have dance parties with myself and practice my moves.

Brooke and Charlie came over today.  It was funny to watch Tate and Charlie.  Charlie is almost 18 months and he didn't want to share with Tate as much as Tate wanted him to.  haha.  But, they did find things they could do together.  They would open our "treasure chest" where we keep our blankets and then they would close it and they thought that was so funny.

2/3
Today Tate and I went to the park.  It was really fun.  He pushed the stroller around for a while and I pushed him on the swing.  I can't believe he is so old.  I remember being at the park with Brooke when Tate was maybe 7 months and Charlie was pushing her stroller around the park.  I remember thinking I couldn't imagine Tate ever doing that.  And today he did it!  He loves to walk.  He walks just to walk and he thinks it is great.  Man, he is so funny.

This is a game Tate and I play together.  I put him in our hallway and then I run and hide.  I love his face when he's looking for me...always a little nervous.

Tate is starting to do things to be funny and goofy.  Like wear his blanket on his head.

This is not Tate...it's Claire, but she is too cute to not post a video of her.

Tate also entertains himself in new and exciting ways.  Well, this isn't really exciting, but it is new.

Haha, I love this video.  He just randomly started pushing the stroller at the park.  But I think it was hard for him, because he would stop and want me to hold him and then he'd get down and keep on pushing it.







2/11

Tate is so funny.  I just can't get over how funny he is.  Yesterday, Josh came home from work and Tate was so so happy.  He started stomping (that's his new thing) around and was smiling so big.  It was really cute.  Tate also saw a cat yesterday and it came up to our screen door, which was really random.  When Tate sees something interesting or new he says, "oooo."  So that's what he said when he saw the cat.  Then he watched it as it walked away.  



We took Tate on a jog and we bundled him up.  He's just so puffy in this jacket.  

On Sunday I had meetings all day, so Josh watched Tate.  Josh was trying to feed Tate lunch and had put some chicken (which he usually loves), but Tate would not eat it.  Instead he started ripping apart his diaper and ate that.  He would rather eat his diaper than food!  I laughed so hard when I heard that.  That's just a little glimpse into our mealtimes.  I think I will just start giving Tate what he wants, paper and diapers and metal knobs.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment