Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 9:04 PM No comments


Today it snowed.  A whole lot.  I think it snowed all day long.  I am not the biggest fan of snow.  I love to look at it from inside our apartment, but other than that I don't really love it.  I think it's because I love doing outdoor summer things, like running, soccer, hiking, swimming, boating, going to the park, going for walk, etc.  And it's hard to do a lot of those things in the snow.  And, mostly, I really don't like driving in the snow or walking and slipping in the snow.  And it's cold.  So now that I've said all the things I don't like about it, I am going to try to be happy about the snow for the rest of winter.  Because it will be warm again in a few months.

I was excited to see Tate's reaction to the snow, which was similar to his reaction to animals...no emotion.  He just stared out the window with no emotion.  And we went to Smiths today, so we went outside and he experienced snow up close and personal.  I had him in so many clothes to stay warm.  A long sleeve shirt, sweat pants, two sweat shirts, snow overalls, a big puffy coat, and a hat.  He was not happy.  It was so hard to get the snow overalls on, and I was laughing so hard because he looked so funny.  We walked to Smiths and he was so hard to carry.  I tried the stroller, but the wheels wouldn't turn because of all the snow.  So I was holding the umbrella in one hand and Tate in the other.  He seriously felt 10 lbs heavier with all his clothes on, and he was so puffy, he couldn't really hold on.  It was like holding a slick, puffy, oversized brick that cries and tries to wiggle away.  I don't think he really liked being outside, but it could've been because he was wearing all of his winter clothes at once.


Today I had an amazing experience.  So Friday Josh, Tate, and I went swimming at the rec center.  I brought my wallet to get in and put it in my backpack.  Well, I couldn't find it the next day, but I checked our bank accounts and nothing was missing, so I wasn't really worried.  But I had a few nagging thoughts that I should probably find it soon.  Josh and I were talking about it tonight, and I said our money wasn't gone, so it probably wasn't stolen.  Then I realized I have hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards in my wallet (which probably isn't smart I know).  That got me really worried and I started searching everywhere.  After searching all over the house, in both cars, the snow, and all my jackets, I couldn't find it.  I was pretty frustrated.  I thought I should pray, but then I would think I'm not in the right mood to pray.  I decided I would go to the rec center and check the locker we used.  Josh asked if I had prayed.  I said no, and figured I should pray before I walked to the rec center.  I knelt down by the couch and prayed.  I really tried to be sincere and ask the right things, like to be guided to find it and to be able to hear promptings.  Sometimes I just say quick, not very meaningful prayers in these types of situations, but I felt like I really needed help.  As soon as I ended my prayer I had this thought come to my mind that I should check the couch before I left.  I lifted the couch cushion and there was my wallet!  It was an immediate answer to prayer.  I felt so grateful and so humbled that Heavenly Father would answer my prayer.  It was an amazing feeling!  And the thought was definitely not my own.  And Josh told me he kept feeling like he should tell me I should pray.  I have never been so grateful to lose anything, because it gave me this amazing experience.  Prayer is real!  Heavenly Father hears us and he cares about the little things (which are big things to me) in our lives, because He loves us.

I love this hat, but Tate doesn't like having it on his head.  He looks like a train conductor/boy from the Newsies.  
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment