Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 11:55 AM No comments
It's hard to believe Tate was this small.

Tate is sprouting another tooth!  It is right next to his first tooth and is almost out.  On Sunday he was chewing on my necklace and he must have gotten his lip in between his tooth and my necklace, because he started crying and we looked and his lip was bleeding.  Not too badly, but it looked like it hurt.  So he is learning how to manage his teeth.

This morning he woke up with a stuffy/runny nose.  I'm not really sure if its from the incoming tooth or if he is sick.  I think he's sick, because he has been really tired and has been sneezing a lot.  The past few nights he has been crying a lot and waking up multiple times for a long time.  So we are all a little tired.

I decided I really needed to vacuum this morning.  So I got out the vacuum and Tate immediately got nervous.  I held him while I vacuumed and he rested his head on my shoulder.  Then I turned it off and he kept his head on my shoulder.  So I sat down and he kept it there for a while.  He must've fallen asleep because he doesn't ever sit still like that.  He eventually started wiggling, trying to get into a comfortable position (when he sleeps, he looks like he fell asleep praying- curled up on his knees with his bum in the air).  He woke up and looked a little confused.

Today he said "dada" a few times and "mama" too.  He doesn't know what those words mean of course, but he's saying it!


General Conference was awesome!  I felt so uplifted.  Our friends Ryan and Julie Hunter and their daughter Charlotte came down for the Saturday afternoon session.  She is 6 months old.  She is so tall!  Which makes her look skinny.  They said she is in the 97% for height.  Tate looked huge next to her.  And his head looked extremely large.  It was fun to see them.

We went to my grandparents' house on Sunday and my aunt Cortnie and uncle Matt gave us their old baby boy clothes.  It is so much!  I  am so grateful, because I was starting to think about things we needed to buy for winter.  But now I think we are set for a while!  And my coach Aleisha continues to bring by things.  We are so blessed.  One thing she brought over is a leather jacket and I have a jacket that is similar, so Tate and I are going to be matchy matchy one of these days.

Last night we had FHE with our friends the Heaps and the Davis's from our ward.  We played this game called coo.  It's a card game and you have a partner and everyone is trying to get four of the same card and when they do they signal to their partner and their partner says "coo" and you get a point.  But if someone sees you trying to signal to your partner they can say "coo on you" and they get a point.  So Josh and I decided our signal would be yelling "I got four" really loud (Josh has used this tactic before).  Most of the time people use really subtle things as their signal.  The first round I got four really fast, in under a minute, and I said "I got four" and Josh said "coo."  Everyone was kind of surprised at our signal, because it is so obvious.  After that, we had to change our tactic to saying a certain number when we got four.  But the whole time we would say other numbers, so people wouldn't know which number it was.  That one worked too.  It was a fun game.

Last week, Josh and I made chinese food and it was so awesome!!  Seriously, it was so so good.  The whole time I was eating it, I felt like Bill Murray on "What about Bob" when he's eating at Dr. Marvin's house and the whole time he says "mmm" "mmmm."  That was me.  I got the recipe from a blog and it was great.  It was also good because usually when we try something newish, it ends up being a semi-disaster.

Here's a video of Tate being pulled in a wagon at Grandma and Grandpa Clark's house.



0 comments:

Post a Comment