Thursday, September 5, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 8:59 PM No comments

Yesterday Tate and I went over to my friend Heather's house.  She had a little girl, Gwen, a week after Tate was born.  She has been in Boston with Gwen and her husband over the summer.  I am so happy she is back!  Heather and I talked and talked while Tate and Gwen "played" with each other.  Gwen hasn't crawled, so she laid on the ground and looked cute while Tate explored the apartment.  We took pictures of them and it was so funny, because Gwen would pose and smile at the camera and Tate had no idea what was going on.  He was either chewing on a toy or crawling over Gwen in almost all the pictures.  Then as we were leaving, Tate tried to chew on Gwen's arm and Gwen poked Tate in the eye.  They are definitely going to get married.


I love this...it's as if Tate is struck by Gwen's beauty









Yesterday Tate also had a doctor's appointment.  We were going to get shots, but there was confusion with the insurance, so we just did a general checkup.  He is 27 7/8" (79%), 19 lbs 11 oz (74%), and his head is 44 cm (42%).  The nurse was measuring his head and Tate started to fuss a little and then he looked up at us with this measuring tape around his head and started laughing.  The nurse and I started laughing so hard.  The doctor asked me if Tate could sit up if I propped him up.  I said yes, and then I said, "well, he can get himself up."  The doctor was amazed and asked if he could crawl and I said yep.  He couldn't believe it.  After that he thought Tate was awesome.  There was a little pony in the room and while we were waiting I helped Tate ride it.

Today I vacuumed the house.  Usually I do it while Tate is asleep, but today Tate was awake.  I plugged in the vacuum, not knowing it had been unplugged last while it was on.  Tate was touching the vacuum and when I plugged it in, it came on.  He crawled away so fast it was impressive.  But he cried and was scared.  So I held him while I vacuumed.  Every time I had to turn it on again, he would freak out, but while it was on he rested his head on my shoulder.  It was so cute.  It makes me want to vacuum all the time, because Tate normally isn't very cuddly.

We went to the park today and Tate discovered he loves eating leaves.  Well, he mostly licks them.  He also likes to pull out the grass.





This is another long video

















0 comments:

Post a Comment