Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Posted by Nicole Jackson on 10:48 AM No comments
We had an alumni game before the BYU v UTAH soccer game Friday.  It was fun!
Yesterday Tate was cracking me up all day long.  He was being so funny.  We did laundry and grocery shopping yesterday.  As our clothes were in the wash, Tate and I went to Smiths.  Tate is so funny in the cart.  I am not quite sure what it is, but he looks so funny sitting in the seat and is so amazed at everything we pass.  As I was checking out, some of the pears fell out of the bag and started rolling away.  The bagging dude, he's an older guy, was helping me unload the cart and he grabbed them.  I said "oh no, we have pears on the run."  He thought that was really funny.  Then, as he was putting the bags in my cart, he said "Pears on the Run" would be a great song.  And then we both sang "Pears on the Run" to the tune of "Band on the Run."  It was a weird moment.  And for the rest of the day I had "Pears on the Run" stuck in my head.

Tate woke up from his nap yesterday and I heard him cry a little and then for a while I didn't hear him.  It had been a good nap, so I went in to see if he had fallen back asleep.  I opened the door and Tate was just sitting up in his crib, holding his blanket in both hands and looking down at it.  He looked so funny.  When I said something, he looked up at me and smiled so big.  Then I got him out and we usually look at ourselves in the mirror as we leave the room.  He loves it.  He smiles at himself and touches it.  Yesterday he kept putting his forehead on the mirror and would slowly drag it down the mirror (so his forehead would go "thud thud thud thud" against it).  I tried to video it, but he didn't do it as well.  It's still funny...

Throughout the summer I've been doing work at home for a guy named Steve, who does consulting conventions for businesses.  I know his daughter Anne, and Steve funded and managed a summer soccer team I play on.  He is a really really nice person.  And he has done really well in life.  A funny story about them is they decided they wanted to rebuild their home, so they donated their house to the fire department so they could burn it down and then the Shallenbergers would just rebuild their house on their property.  The fire department uses those times to train and practice.  My friend Dana, who also knows the Shallenbergers drove by their house and saw it completely on fire.  She freaked out and called Anne and told her that her house was on fire!  Anne calmly told Dana she knew that already.  Anyways, I went by their house to pick up more things to work on.  As I walked into their office, Steve stood up and put his hands in the air and said, "Georgia how are you doing!"  Tate was startled by his enthusiasm and started to cry pretty hard.  It was so funny.

So Anne gave me these papers from the conventions her dad did.  They were rating slips and people could leave comments about the presentation.  I was supposed to copy the comments into an excel spreadsheet.  They were organized into groups according to the convention site and the company that attended.  There were nine groups of these papers.  Anne put them in my laundry basket and we were on our way.  When I got home I opened the door and the laundry basket fell and the papers fell all over the ground.  I just had to laugh because it was so lame.  I called Anne and told her and she told me to come back up and they would try to organize them again.  Unfortunately they were all grouped from when they originally collected them, so it would be hard to know which paper went with which group. I felt terrible.  When I got there, Steve was so nice.  And everything ended up working out okay.  I was so grateful.  I learned a lot actually.  Sometimes I can get so frustrated with people.  Steve totally could've gotten upset because I messed things up for him.  But he just rolled with the punches and everything worked out fine.

Tate is starting to pull himself up onto things.  It is actually pretty exciting and crazy!  He is better at pushing himself up than he is pulling.  Here's a video...


Last night Tate didn't wake up to eat!  Well, usually we put him down around 7 or 7:30 and he wakes up around 10 or 11 and then again around 3 or 4.  The first feeding is that big of a deal because we are up anyway.  But the second one is killing me.  I think the past 7 months of not getting a good night's rest is wearing on me.  So last night he didn't wake up until 11:30 and then he woke up at 6:30, but stayed in his crib until 7.  I was so confused when I woke up, because I thought it was the middle of the night.  So way to go Tate!!

And here's another video of us letting Tate taste a lime.

And saturday we had a crazy storm and a large majority of our front lawn was flooded.  Here's a video and a few pictures.





And here's a long video of Tate playing with his toys (yes an empty container of oats is one of his toys)

0 comments:

Post a Comment